Sunday, December 26, 2021

Machining the Atlas Lathe Motor Pulley

 



Did the rough turning with some old tool I had on hand.  Need to sharpen a good one to get a better finish on the final dimensions. 




P7p8p9


Had the jaws set as outside jaws to turn the feeder into a spigot.  Flipped the pulley around and worked on the large sheave.   Next I will reset the jaws to inside holding and chuck the spigot truing the pulley as best possible.   That should allow me to finish the remaining work including boering.

I had contemplated getting a 5/8" tapered mandrel and turning it between centers.  But the six jaw should work and I own it.

Dec 31, 2021

The mandrel is now back ordered.  The new plan is to drill and ream a 1/2" hole and use the 1/2" tapered reamer I have to turn everything concentric.  Then put it back in the six jaw making sure it runs true and bore the hole to 5/8" and broach the keyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment