Sunday, June 7, 2020

Update: CME Six Jaw Chuck

My new six jaw chuck stated to get hard to turn.  I have not used it enough for this to happen.  So I tore it down and found it need more lube.

Now Keith Rucker says to put grease in chucks.  Other say its a bad idea use oil or nothing.  Well this thing would not be working dry.   So I used oil then after I had it nearly assemble opened it back up and added a few teaspoons of graphite flakes.   The graphite seems to help.   Let see how it goes a few weeks from now.

Should note that it is labeled both CME and a second name SANOU which I see elsewhere.  So maybe just a rebranded SANOU.

Found that blowing the chuck out with air after turning with the jaws open helps get the chips out of the way.  Only alternative is to tear down the chuck.  Not going to happen that often.



No comments:

Post a Comment