Saturday, May 30, 2020

Update: Master Mill, Burners

The DC motor controller died.  Thinking about that.  I was getting ready to make the first test after installing new 1:1 pulleys and a toothed V-Belt borrowed from the drill press.

I have been working on burners.  The one I made was a 3/4".    Have made a 1/2" pipe to screw into it.    Turned an aluminum bushing on the lathe to fit the 1/2" inside the the 3/4".  May also make a 5/8" pipe.

Thinking about adding a larger pipe on the end of the 3/4" burner so it can be used like a weed burner.  Need to heat up a bit of the frame on the car trailer and pound it flat.  Another bushing may do the trick.
Cut the one leg on the little shop crane that came with the lathe.    One of the front wheels was about 6 inches up too far.   There is just enough metal left so the leg hinges down into place.   Welded it back on straight.
If I can I'd like to setup this crane so I could choose between the original fixed boom or the swiveling HF boom intended for use in a pickup bed.   The swiveling boom should make lining up parts easier.  Maybe setup some stops to keep from swinging  past the front wheels which would cause it to tip.  If this works out I don't need to repair the hydraulic jack currently on the crane.

No comments:

Post a Comment