Sunday, December 9, 2018

Considering: Refractory aircrete bond experiment.

I would like to know if aircrete will bond to my refractory if air create is cast over it.  Maybe try at 24, 48, and 72 hours.   I expect the refractory to be too weak to demold at 24 hours but if the other two fail it may be the best option.

Plan
Cast 6 refractory slabs in the new slab mold.
Let the refractory set wet for 1 day.
Starting then coat two of the slabs with aircrete every 24 hours.

I could do 1 every 12 hours but don't want to double the aircrete mess.

The aircrete foam will be made with an electric hand mixer.   Need to come up with a foam generator.

UPDATE

Shortly after writing this I was thinking it was a waste of time.  As long as I make a refractory shell that can support itself it will work.   But what I can do with this is try different thicknesses of aircrete to see how much is really needed.  But I am still unsure if this is worth my time.   Need to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment