Sunday, April 18, 2021

Scratch built Acute Tool Sharpening System (Part 1A more tables)



I like this table enough to realize I would like one at each grinding wheel.   To speed this up I constructed the radial cut off saw.   Currently I have cut out blanks for 2 more tables.   I have also cut the arms for the parallel motion arms of the mechanism on top the table.   

Currently the table bracket strips are soaking in vinegar to remove the mill scale.

Cutting these blanks which are simple strips was a good way to help refine the radial cut off.   The next step will be to cuts the parallel motion arms and table link to length.    I plan to make a fixture to hold the table angle brackets for cutting the triangular shape.  Maybe permanently attach them to a board that can be set into the saw.  An alignment block on the board would help position it relative to the cut off wheel.  Thinking as I type here.


The blanks were lightly sanded to clean them up after the vinegar bath.  Forget the grit maybe 280.  It was something odd. A before and after shot.


All the blanks to make 2 more tables with a few spares.
Fixture to cut the angles for the bottom brackets is clamped to the work table.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment