Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Traded an air compressor for this finger press brake

A new tool for the shop.   I am not sure if this is a factory, cobbled together, or fully shop built unit.  It looks like what one might build with a plasma cutter.


It has twin rams on the main brake.  The secondary setup on the right looks to be more of a press but has a set of dies resting on a length of pipe.

Two years ago we bent up a rectangular cruciable with this too.  The cylinders need rebuilding.  Leaks.

What am I going to do with it.   Maybe its a tool looking for a purpose in my shop but I am expecting that it will.   If memory serves the corners on the cruciable had a decent radius for sheet metal work.  Thinking about a new electric burn out / tempering  / casting oven.

I arrived early.























And while moving things to make room for it I toppled my drill press and broke the table arm.







-


No comments:

Post a Comment