Tuesday, June 11, 2019




A panoramic view of the garage, now wood shop & foundry building.  A cleanup is in progress but to make it really happen I need to get some less interesting projects finished.

First up is a drawer with a busted bottom.  The bottom is MDF.  First I glued the dovetails back together then laminated an 1/8" sheet of plywood under the broken area.



A quarter round to support the edge because the patch is below the groove.





Weights were not enough to flatten the patch which was a bit warped.  Additional clamping to the left.

The drawn bottom is still fuggly.  I will suggest a sheet of card stock in the bottom.  Its not like this is fine furniture.   Had I replaced the bottom it may have well destroyed the MDF and fiber parts of this drawer..  Good enough.
Experimeted with refilling a fire extinguisher.   Most of the originall powder was still there so I topped it off with baking soda.  Put in a bit too much baking soda and not quite enough air.  Mostly want to see if it will leak down.  If so I will try blowing out the valve.

We purchased 2 new ones but it would be nice to have this used one as a backup.


No comments:

Post a Comment