Sunday, March 10, 2019

Tub Muller cylinder cut to size.

It was a bit too cold to run the lathe today so I cut down the tank I plan to use for the sand muller.  I made the sides 15" tall and the tank is 30" in diameter. 

If I mount it on the frame I have repurposed the top of the tub will be at 43".














Need to remove the legs and cut a trap door to remove the sand.  Need to research this.  Recall someone had a slide door that did not bet fouled by the sand.









The double worm reduction I found earlier.  150:1 so a 3450 RPM motor will result in 22 RPM.  Still thinking about using a garden tractor variable speed between the motor and the gearbox so I can use a 1725 motor and dial in the speed. Just thinking.












Also have the 23" x 1.5" shaft with bearings but it maybe too short.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment