Friday, November 2, 2018

Tub Muller Build Starts

While tearing down one of the spa tables I found it contained 2 small right angle gear boxes.  From this image I dentified them as Hub City model ADS 05404-007 with a 2:1 gear reduction. 






They look like this.











But it does not stop there.  The frame and some other bits can be used too.










Unfortunately the output shaft is about 80 RPM.  I could put the 2 gearboxes in series and get 40 but I think I am going to go with a jack shaft and belts.

The drum will be stationary with the wheels and plow rotating within it.  A pipe will be fited to the center of the drum floor and a drive shaft will come up through it to power the rotating assembly. 

I have a tube of bearings ordered to replace the ones in the HF cement mixer drum.  They are 30mm ID, 62mm OD,   I may have to create a bushing to match the bearing ID's and the shaft OD.   But some sort of thrust arrangement would be needed so as not to load up the bearings in the right angle drive.   Perhaps a lawn tractor axle would serve as this shaft ?

I have an 18" diameter water heater tank to use for the tub wall.  Still need to find a tub floor and a pipe for the center.

Now to find shafting for the jackshaft and the vertical driv.

No comments:

Post a Comment